Obsessive compulsive disorder is a mental illness that causes repeated unwanted thoughts or sensations or the argue to do something over and over again. Some people have both disorders obsessions and compulsions.
An obsessive thought might be to wash your hands many times after touch something that could be dirty. Although you may not wanted to think or do these things but, you feel powerless to stop.
Thoughts and activities that, people with OCD
- It is beyond your control
- It is not enjoyable
- It is interfere with work, social life
- Take up at least an hour a day
Repeated chekking, contamination, simmerty and ordering, rumination and intrusive thoughts.
Mental health is the balanced development of an individual’s personality and emotional attitude which enable him to live harmoniously with his family and society. Mental health is influenced by both biological, environmental and social factors. It helps a person to contribute constructively to changes in his social and physical environment.
Mental health helps in:-
- Development of desirable personality
- Proper imotional development
- Acceptable social development
- Appropriate moral development
- Significant aesthetic development
- Actualising one’s personalities
- Seeking proper adjustment
- Attaining goals in life
- Progress of the society
- Prevention of mental illness . Mental health improves quality life. It is strengthens and support our ability to:
- # have a healthy relationship
- # make good life sources
- Maintain physical health and well-being
- Handle the natural ups and downs of life
- Discover and grow toward our potential
However mental health of the children is much more important than that of physical health. Mental fitness makes children more useful person in the world and also equipped physically, socially and morally.