Depression;a mental health disorder characterized by persistently depressed mood or loss of interest in activities, causing significant impairment in daily life.
Possible cause a combination of biological, psychological and social sources of distress. Increasingly, research suggests that these factors may cause changes in brain function, including altered activities of certain neural circuits in the brain.
• Depression represents a cluster or symptoms
• Diagnosis with depression only requires people to have a few of the symptoms
• A variety of different things can cause and be caused by depression
• Emotions;anger, anxiety, grief , guilt and shame.
• Believing that others have hidden motives or are out to harm them.
• Doubting the loyalty of others
• Being hypersensitive to criticism
• Having trouble working with others
• Being quick to become angry and hostile
• Becoming detached or socially isolated
• Being argumentative and defensive
• Having trouble seeing their own problems
• Having trouble relaxing
• These may include changes in sleeping, appetite,energy level variation, concentration, daily behavior or self-esteem and suicidal tendency.
• Thoughts; cognitive distortion
• Relationship:poor, self-esteem, unhealthy / unsupportive. Relationships need for external validation
• Physical: Neurochemical imbalances, poor neutrinos,exhaustion, insufficient sleep, medication side affects
• Environmental: High stress Environments that prevent relaxation / rest and increase hopelessness/ helplessness.
Strength based assessment
What does this mean to you?
Treatment consists of anti-depression
- Talk therapy
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Meditation/ yoga